Cosy Unicorn Limited whose registered address is at OFFICE 7, 35-37 LUDGATE HILL, LONDON, EC4M 7JN, UNITED KINGDOM (“We” / “Us” / “Cosy Unicorn”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting https://www.cosyunicorn.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
(1) Information we may collect from you We may collect and process the following data about you: • Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site https://www.cosyunicorn.com (our site), submitting, inputting or sending information through your use of the services or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to and use our service(s), place an order on our site, exchange information with other users of the site and/or services, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include (but shall not be limited to) your name, address, email address and phone number, your mobile phone device (including a unique identifier for your device), personal and professional descriptions (which may in the case of vendors using our site and services) and/or services and financial and credit card information
• Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site and your use of our services we may automatically collect the following information: • technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; • information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
• Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any other websites that we operate, other services we provide or third party services which you may access through our site and/or services. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. If you have requested or consented to location services on your mobile phone we may receive information about your location if you access our website or services using your mobile device.* We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, third party service providers, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. We may also supplement the above information with information from other sources such as third party verification services, mailing list providers and publicly available sources. *Most mobile devices allow you to disable location services. This can normally be done by accessing the device’s settings menu.
(2) Uses made of the information We use information held about you in the following ways: to endeavour to broker a mortgage or any other product or service that you consent to us making on your behalf to (if you use our services) compare your mortgage product from time to time with others in the market that may be suitable To carry out analysis (statistical, data, business) in order to understand you as an individual consumer that that we can provide you with better services to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services that may interest you; to improve your experience on our website(s) and services, including via direct communications you receive from us which may be based on your activity on our website(s) or the website of a third party for any purpose with your consent to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so; as part of our efforts to keep our site and your use of our services safe and secure; to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them. Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
(3) Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
When you authorise us to submit a mortgage application on your behalf, the lender will share your information with credit bureaux and Fraud Prevention agencies. They will perform searches which will leave a footprint on your credit file. If you would like to read the full details of how your data may be used, please contact the Lender.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site(s); any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
(5) Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.